Friday 31 July 2015

Acts: God's mission unstoppable

I've quite enjoyed working through Psalm 23 this last week, thinking about verse by verse.  Sometimes it's helpful to slow down and read.

However, it's also helpful to read the Bible in slightly bigger chunks.  This autumn we're going back to Acts and picking up a series we started last Autumn when we looked at Ch1-6v7 and looked at the church in Jerusalem and the spread of the gospel there.  In September we're going to pick up where we left off and look at the next stage in God's mission unstoppable as the gospel goes from Jerusalem to Judea and Samaria.  With that in mind I'm going to work back through Acts 1-6 in the coming weeks, blogging some thoughts as I go.  There's no preconceived plan I'm just going to work through it and blog as I go.

Hopeful it will reorient us in Acts, spotting themes and key ideas, refreshing us so that as we look at it key ideas and a sense of Acts melodic theme is in place.

No comments: