Thursday 16 October 2014

Yorkshire Training

Today I'm off to do my first session of the year at Yorkshire Training.  I'll be taking an hour to do a whistle stop tour of John's gospel.  My aim is to whet people's appetites for reading, understanding and teaching John's gospel, but in an hour there is only so much you can do.

I've been involved in YT for a few years now teaching some sessions and also leading a preaching/teaching workshop.  I've loved every minute of it.  It is a chance for different people from different churches across Yorkshire to come and together and get sharper in their handling of the bible, in their teaching of others, but it is also an opportunity to grow in your faith and to learn from more about pastoral care and issues facing the church.

Maybe you know someone who would benefit from such training.  The course is on Thursdays during term time at Xscape in Castleford.  It's easy to get to and there are lots of eateries for lunch.  The cost is reasonable for the training you get, and you can still join now or maybe even drop in for a taster session.

No comments: